September 17th, 2021 | Job
Service Delivery Consultant
We are actively looking for a Service Delivery Consultant who can help our customers to get the most value from the OrderFlow software.
We are looking for an experienced Service Delivery Consultant engineer to ensure help our customers get the most from the systems and services we provide.
Working in a complex and highly dynamic environment, you will be key technical point of contact and take a leading role in delivering technical solutions to customers.
The role provides the opportunity to apply your technical skills and to develop strong working relationships with our customers, to whom we pride ourselves in offering a great service.
- A professional attitude, commercial awareness, and good customer facing skills
- Very good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Excellent work ethic, with a determination to get the job done properly and deliver customer satisfaction
- An ability to turn your hand to a variety of tasks, often simultaneously, from scripting and reporting to user training
- A good learner, willing and able to learn quickly and to share this knowledge
- Work as one of the main technical support contacts, triaging new issues and coordinating interactions on existing issues
- Work with customers to understand their requirements, then deliver technical solutions to match
- Identifying and addressing live issues in customer environments, enlisting help from the development team where necessary
- Deliver new customer implementations, upgrades and feature rollout
- Contribute to the product development process. This will include identifying bugs and possible features, participating in testing, and may sometime include delivering changes into development where appropriate
You will need to have experience working with and quickly finding your way around complex web-based applications. The software is highly configurable and involves extensive use of data transformations, reports, scripted business rules, etc. to deliver on customer requirements.
You will also very good SQL query writing skills, and the ability to turn these into reports in a variety of formats.
You will need to be comfortable with the use of development tools (e.g. Eclipse, Subversion), with a structured approach to working.
Our technical environment includes the following: Linux, Java, MySQL/MariaDB, Groovy (scripting), Eclipse (IDE), Subversion (source control). Jasper Reports and iReports (reporting) are used for reporting.
The role may be suited to someone who has some development experience, but prefers a multi-faceted role.
Experience working with Linux is a plus. Sysadmin experience is not essential, but if present in the candidate’s skill set, then this may be incorporated into the role.
OrderFlow is a small, dynamic software house that specialises in delivering a web based warehouse management systems for large e-Commerce businesses and 3rd party fulfilment houses. As well as offering a great product, we take a particular pride in delivering a first class service offering, with excellent customer support and services.
OrderFlow is a ‘technology-led’ company; we pride ourselves on the use of best practices to deliver excellent service for our customers. In developing OrderFlow, we make extensive use of open source technologies, often built or extended by ourselves, allowing us to offer the most flexible, extensible and configurable product of its class on the market.
Location and working hours
The company is based in Wiltshire and Woodbridge, Suffolk, with technical roles based at the latter location. The role is part office-based, part remote, with attendance at the office likely to be two to three days a week. However, during an initial training period, the role will be primarily office based.
Customer visits are an important part of the role but are unlikely to be required more than twice a month.
Standard working hours are from 9am to 5:30pm with an hour for lunch. We offer 25 days paid annual leave.
If you would like to apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org, include a current C.V., details of your availability and your salary expectations.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion.
Note that we are unable to sponsor visa applications for overseas applicants.